Re: 2.9test9-mm1 and DAO ATAPI cd-burning corrupt

From: bill davidsen
Date: Wed Nov 12 2003 - 18:09:53 EST

In article <20031111184919.43a93a88.diegocg@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Diego Calleja =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Garc=EDa?= <diegocg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| El Mon, 10 Nov 2003 21:40:58 -0800 (PST) Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxx>
| escribió:
|
| > Now it's your turn. Instead of wasting my time complaining, how about you
| > put up or shut up? Show me the code. THEN post it. Until you do, there's
| > no point to your mails.
|
| Until then, I'd suggest this patch to avoid more complains about this:

The object is not to avoid complaints, the object is to get the
capability working again. I presume eventually one of the commercial
vendors will fix it, since it's easier than rewriting all the SCSI
applications in the world. oddly there are people writing useful things
using other operating systems, under 2.4 almost all of those work.

I hope to pick up another IDE tape drive so I can look at this problem,
the one I have is on a production system, which at the moment has no
reason to go to 2.6 even if it worked, which it doesn't. It also has
software to read ZIP drives in odd ways, and I'm not about to look for a
SCSI 100MB ZIP drive :-(

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
CTO, TMR Associates, Inc