Re: Toshiba P25-S507 laptop and freezes with 2.6.0-test9

From: brian
Date: Wed Nov 12 2003 - 21:16:03 EST

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 11:28:49AM -0800, Chris Wright wrote:
> These are ACPI events (at least lid and power adaptor). So, are you
> compiling in ACPI support? If so does it still happen with acpi=off
> kernel command line option? Do you still have keyboard when it freezes?
> If so, alt-sysrq-p or alt-sysrq-t show anything useful? And, finally,
> you aren't using an nVidia binary only module for that GeForce are you?

Yes I use APCI support.

Ah, I have been trying to use 'noacpi' so I guess I have failed to
turn it off. I'll give 'acpi=off' a try.

The keyboard is as dead as the rest of the system.

I am running the nVidia binary module.

I'll run 'acpi=off' for a week or two and then try the nv driver.

Thanks for the help,

--
Brian Litzinger