nfs_statfs: statfs error = 116

From: martin.knoblauch
Date: Thu Nov 13 2003 - 09:21:10 EST

Hi,

sorry if OT, but what is above message trying to tell me? Where can I find a translation of the numbers? We are seeing 116 very frequently, 512 and 5 on occasion.

We have a bunch of Linux clients (Dual P4, RH7.3, 2.4.20-18.7smp errata kernel) hanging off two Sun NFS Servers (Solaris 8) in a Veritas/VCS HA configuration. All of the clients show the 116 messages, while some of them show the 512 in addition. Those with the 512s seem to "hang" for some periods of time.

The mounts are "vers=3,proto=tcp,hard,intr,bg". Some of them mounted at boottime, quite a few via "amd".

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks
Martin