Re: [2.6] VC (keyboard) doesn't clean up its buffers

From: Thunder Anklin
Date: Thu Nov 13 2003 - 23:42:10 EST

Salut,

> tty->filp.char_buf is filled correctly by my typings. The buffer
> state goes up, and once I've typed 255 characters, of course it's
> full. *But* the big deal with the keyboard buffer is usually
> somebody who's reading out the contents and processing it, so that
> the characters I typed are processed. This is *not* taking
> place. The buffer just fills up and there we are.

I've explored the kernel stack a bit using SysRq hacks, and I found
out that this misbehavior was in fact caused by ISDN. It added a work
for "isac_bh()" into the CPU workqueue with list heads inited, so
every time the work got executed, execution looped, and since ISDN was
loaded before I typed the first character, the flush_to_ldisc() work
was never run. I'm going to fix that bug soon.

Thunder