Re: 2.4.23-rc1: SiS pirq: IDE/ACPI/DAQ mapping not implemented: (97)

From: Martin Diehl
Date: Fri Nov 14 2003 - 03:35:48 EST

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Davide Libenzi wrote:

> > SiS pirq: IDE/ACPI/DAQ mapping not implemented: (97)
> > SiS router unknown request: (97)
> > SiS pirq: IDE/ACPI/DAQ mapping not implemented: (97)
> > SiS router unknown request: (97)
> >
> > I though the patch has already been merged?
>
> The latest CVS snapshot I was able to rsync from kernel.org had the fix
> and should make it work:
>
> [root@drizzle src]# head linux-2.4/Makefile
> VERSION = 2
> PATCHLEVEL = 4
> SUBLEVEL = 23
> EXTRAVERSION = -pre9
>
> Request 97 is one of the new ones (USB) correctly handled by the patch.

I don't think this will help in his case. I believe the 745 comes with a
more recent flavour of the 5595, not 96x. It looks like they have changed
the pirq routing registers before 96x appeared. So I think it's not enough
to decide which scheme to use depending on the device id. Btw, I still
like my suggestion to use the pci revision id of the router function
(1039:0008) which we had discussed at that time. ;-)

Roland, could you send the output from "lspci -vxxx -d:8" please for
verification?

Martin