Re: kernel.bkbits.net off the air

From: Davide Libenzi
Date: Fri Nov 14 2003 - 12:08:16 EST

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Larry McVoy wrote:

> update, yes. history, no, use bk/web. diffs, no, use bk/web or bk. building
> it is certainly possible and you could do it yourself. We already built the
> cvs exporter which is a lot nicer than what you are asking for and building
> another thing for another 6 users seems pointless. If you want to pay for the
> engineering then contact me offline.

I want nothing new. A BK with only the CVS exporter that you already have
will work plain fine. We do not need even 25 exports formats. Once we
have your existing binary that does:

bk2cvs remote-bkrepo local-cvs-repo

would be great. All other export can be based from that with local
scripts. With a little bit less restrictive license, Is it something
painful for BM to do?

- Davide