Re: [2.6] Nonsense-messages from iptables + co.

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Fri Nov 14 2003 - 12:52:56 EST

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 16:10:04 +0100, Harald Welte said:
> > "ipt_hook: happy cracking."
>
> I guess it was Rusty. The idea message is a funny way of telling you
> that you are sending incomplete ip headers. Something that is not
> likely to occur unless you are trying to send corrupt packets via raw ip
> sockets...

Actually, once I found the message, and saw the context, it was actually
clear and self-explanatory. It was actually the ipfilter code's fault
that it got generated in any context other than "trying to send an intentionall
busticated packet"...

> There are people who do actually have fun developing linux code. And
> Rusty has a peculiar sense of humor... for further reference see the
> comments like 'furniture shopping' throughout the netfilter/iptables
> source code. I sometimes wish I had the same humor like he has.

find arch/sparc* -name '*.[ch]'| xargs grep -i penguin

and then read through the files that finds (trap.c is particularly fun).

Somebody was having fun porting. ;)