2.4.22 SMP kernel build for hyper threading P4

From: Job 317
Date: Sat Nov 15 2003 - 10:49:52 EST

Alles,

I have a new P4 Hyperthreading PC that I have installed RedHat9 on. I am
trying to add some features to my kernel (e.g. NTFS read support, crypto
api, etc.) but when I build my new 2.4.22 kernel with CONFIG_SMP=y set
then reboot, I am seeing only one processor in /proc/cpuinfo. When I
boot with my stock RH9 2.4.20-20.9smp kernel I see two virtual
processors show up in /proc/cpuinfo.

I've even build a 2.4.22 kernel with the config-2.4.20-20.9smp
configuration that came with RH9.

I build with the straightforward 'make dep clean bzImage modules
modules_install' command. Is this correct?

Am I missing a step to build a smp kernel for hyper threading?

Your help would be most appreciated.

Job