[Fwd: Re: Hard lock on 2.6-test9]

From: Dan Creswell
Date: Sun Nov 16 2003 - 12:01:34 EST

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Hard lock on 2.6-test9
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 13:33:32 +0000
From: Dan Creswell <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Davide Libenzi <davidel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Davide Libenzi wrote:

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003, Dan Creswell wrote:

Chipset is E7505 with dual Xeons.

Under X, I can provoke a lock just by waggling the mouse. I've had the machine connected up to a serial console with nmi_watchdog=1 and, when the machine dies, nothing is printed on the console (I guess that makes it *very* bad :( ).

Is NMI really enabled?

$ cat /proc/interrupts

- Davide

Sorry Davide,

I forgot to mention that a UP 2.6-test9 works fine whilst an SMP version doesn't (unless I use "noapic")

2.4 in dual or UP seems rock-solid (bar one issue which may have been network card related).

Dan.