Re: possible IDE/ext3 fs corruption while playing w/ ACPI and/or2.4.22?

From: wwp
Date: Sun Nov 16 2003 - 21:21:35 EST

Hi folks,

more info:

I was interested in looking if switching from a kernel to another one leads to
such possible errors.. I've ran the command below over all the /var/log/message
files created since I use this laptop:
grep -E "symbols from /boot/System.map|kernel: hda: " messages*
The output is bzip2'ed and attached.

OK, this doesn't show anything else but kernel bootings and hda errors,
nothing about ACPI actions or anything else. Nearly all the hda errors
happen when during the startup process, quite always at the same time.
Maybe it's not relevant, and I don't know if there's any information to get
from such observation. Would it help or should I provide more info?

Regards,

--
wwp