3 IDE Controllers

From: Laarz Nilsson
Date: Sun Nov 16 2003 - 22:06:03 EST

Hi,

I have a little problem with my fileserver running kernel 2.6.0-test9
I have recently installed a 3rd IDE controller in the box, and Linux doesn't find it. I searched the archives for solutions for my problem, and found that there's a hardcoded limit in the kernel which only allows 10 IDE channels. I tried changing MAX_HWIFS in ide.h and also the name assignment code in ide.c, and now the kernel at least finds my controller, though disks cannot be used. I get this error during boot:

HPT37X: using 33MHz PCI clock
idea: BM-DMA at 0x9800-0x9807, BIOS settings: hdu:DMA, hdv:DMA
ideb: BM-DMA at 0x9808-0x980f, BIOS settings: hdw:DMA, hdx:DMA
idea: I/O resource 0xA402-0xA402 not free.
hdu: ERROR, PORTS ALREADY IN USE
hdv: ERROR, PORTS ALREADY IN USE
ideb: I/O resource 0x9C02-0x9C02 not free.
hdw: ERROR, PORTS ALREADY IN USE
hdx: ERROR, PORTS ALREADY IN USE

Is there anyone who have had this problem, and is there a solution for it?

Regards,
Lars