Bad interactivity with 2.6-test9

From: Stan Bubrouski
Date: Sun Nov 16 2003 - 22:43:06 EST

Hey,

I have been testing 2.6-test9 (Arjan van de Ven's 2.6.0-0.test9.1.67
RPMS rebuilt) tainted by nvidia drivers.

The kernel has worked awesome and desktop interactivity works great
under most circumstances, however I have noticed something ratehr
annoying.

When I start watching a video under mplayer and have something like
spamassassin doing a sa-learn in an x-term if I start the sa-learn
before mplayer and then play a video, the sa-learn makes no progress
until I switch away from mplayer (playing full screen). After which
sa-learn continues to filter through messages much faster, and even
while mplayer is going is still progressing much faster than before I
switched away from mplayer the first time.

Very odd. Con anyone ideas?

-sb