TI PC1410 PC Cardbus hardlocks

From: thomas . mey3r
Date: Mon Nov 17 2003 - 03:14:44 EST

Hello,

this happens on 2.4.22 and 2.6.0-test9-bk20.
I only did investigate this error on 2.6.0-test9-bk20. System is really hard locked. nmi oopser doesn´t help. yenta_socket driver is compiled as modul. after loading the driver the system hard locks after an undefined period of time (between few secounds and 10 minutes - this is strange!)

i enabled debug info in yenta_socket driver. i had a quick look at the init sequence that is done to config space and cb_registers. looks ok, but i will have a closer look at this, spec is available.
I already did some basic testings, so for example the last entry written to syslog has got a to differnet time compared with time system crashes.
i disabled the register_socket call (in probe), so i only got the init seqeunce -> still crashes.
i did a printk(" i am in this function") in various places, so in the interrupt handler. -> still no entries in syslog.

Next thing I want to known: Does this driver work for someone? It is this device:

"CB_ID(PCI_VENDOR_ID_TI, PCI_DEVICE_ID_TI_1410, TI1250),"

This happens on an acer laptop.

with kind regards
Thomas Meyer