Re: Measuring per thread CPU consumption & others statistics forNPTL

From: Peter Zaitsev
Date: Mon Nov 17 2003 - 04:27:29 EST

On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 03:27, Peter Chubb wrote:

> Peter> Second question is about accuracy - Is any way to get
> Peter> system/user CPU consumption information with more than 1/100
> Peter> sec accuracy ?
>
> If you apply my microstate accounting patch, you can get nanosecomnd
> resolution per thread.

Great Peter,

Is it planned to be included in the kernel at some point ?
For me it is the most important not to get things working on some
particular test systems, but to allow customers, which run generic or
vendor provided kernels to use the functionality.

Does your patch only computes statistics on per process basics or per
thread as well ?

--
Peter Zaitsev, Full-Time Developer
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com