Kernel 2.6.0-test9, deadlock using usb-storage, eventually memory allocation bug

From: Maximilian Mehnert
Date: Mon Nov 17 2003 - 14:26:48 EST

Hello, everybody!

So far I have spoken to Jari Ruusu <jariruusu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> who
is maintaining loop-AES and to Matthew Dharm <mdharm-usb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
who
seems to be maintaining usb-storage at the moment.

Jari Ruusu helped me by locating the whereabouts of the following bug by
reading
my syslogs with debugging output from usb-storage and by providing some kernel
patches to isolate the error:
I am using a harddisk attached via a cardbus usb 2.0 card. On it I have an
encrypted partition which I access via loop-AES.
I can easily reproduce a complete deadlock in the usb-storage system by
mounting
my encrypted partition or copying files to or from it (depends on
configuration).

On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 12:48:42PM -0800, Matthew Dharm wrote:
> You should take this up with linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -- it's a memory
> allocation problem, not a usb-storage problem. I can't fix it.

I did without posting my kernel config and my syslog files with the usb-storage
messages as according to the FAQ this would be overkill.

If anybody is willing to help me I would gratefully send her/him all my logs
and my previous correspondence on this topic :)

Greetings from Berlin && excuses for my bad English,

Maximilian

--
Maximilian Mehnert <mmehnert at gmx dot net>
http://members.lycos.co.uk/endofuniverse/gpg.html