Re: Matrox Acceleration Probably_Just_Cosmetic Bug

From: Jurriaan
Date: Mon Nov 17 2003 - 15:36:38 EST

From: Petr Vandrovec <vandrove@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 08:48:45PM +0100
> On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 09:46:01PM +1100, Tudor wrote:
> > If you select "Matrox Acceleration" either built in or as module there
> > are two options:
> > - G100/G200/G400/G450/G500 support
> > and
> > - G100/G200/G400 support
> >
> > If you select the first, the second disappears.
> > If you select the second, the first stays.
>
> It is feature, so you can "extend" your driver later when you decide. Both
> config options points to the same sources. In the past there was option
> "G100-G550 support" with "Secondary head on G450/G550". Unfortunately
> G450 and G550 users were connecting monitor to the secondary output,
> and then complaining that they do not see anything on the monitor.
> So now this option is implicitly enabled when you select first choice,
> and disabled when you select second one.
>
> Unless you cannot afford about 16KB for secondary CRTC driver, you should
> select first choice, as it gives you better upgrade path.
> Petr Vandrovec

I've always found this confusing as well, as I use a G450 but never use
the secondary output.

How about

- G100-550 support (including secondary output)
- G100-400 support (single head only)

then mention in the help-text that secondary output is only usable after
running program %%%% ?

Jurriaan
--
She opened her eyes and gazed bleakly at him. "And is it your idea that
discussing this interesting subject will make us friends?"