Re: Terrible interactivity with 2.6.0-t9-mm3

From: Thomas Schlichter
Date: Mon Nov 17 2003 - 18:47:44 EST

On Tuesday 18 November 2003 00:04, john stultz wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 14:55, john stultz wrote:
> > >
> > > Well I applied your patch without the ones from Thomas Schlichter. Was
> > > is intended like that or should it be on top of Thomas patches?
> >
> > It was to go along side of Thomas' patch. Thomas caught the real issue
> > (sched_clock() needs to be switched on use_tsc), but cpu_khz is also
> > used in the scheduler, so I just wanted to make sure it was properly set
> > as well.
>
> After sending out multiple patches I should have been more clear. Just
> to avoid confusion:
>
> * the init_cpu_khz patch goes along side Thomas' patch.
>
> * the more experimental sched_clock() -> monotonic_clock() patch I just
> sent out for testing replaces Thomas' patch.
>
> thanks
> -john

OK, now I was testing both your patches instead of mine.
The init_cpu_khz patch works as expected... THX!

Well, but the sched_clock() -> monotonic_clock() patch seems to have a
problem...
First, everything works smoothly if the PIT or the TSC clock are selected. (It
seems I cannot test the HPET timer due to missing hardware support)

But when booting with the PMTMR clock selected, my Interactivity test fails
again. :-( Maybe there is a problem in the PMTMR's monotonic clock part...?!

Thomas