what option in the kernel allows computer to fully reboot?

From: Tom Cruickshank
Date: Mon Nov 17 2003 - 23:12:26 EST

Hello,
My apologizes in advance if this is the wrong place to ask this
question. If there is a more appropriate mailing list, please feel free
to direct me towards it.

I'm using a custom made kernel (I didn't create it, someone else did)
and each time I try to reboot linux, it goes through the reboot sequence
and then just hangs (last ling is "Rebooting Computer". Goes as if to
reboot (no signal is given to the monitor). What option in the kernel
permits the computer to actually reboot? I've already selected Power
Management supportand all the options in Advanced Power Management BIOS
support.

Using kernel 2.4.19. PC is an IBM. Any help would be deeply appreicated.
Thanks.

If you need any more information, please feel free to ask.

Sincerely,

Tom Cruickshank