Re: 2.6.0 yenta_socket eats kernel time on Toshiba Laptop

From: Ben Hoskings
Date: Tue Nov 18 2003 - 04:33:27 EST

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 10:11 am, Ben Hoskings wrote:
> Thanks for the reply, Andrew.
>
> > > Attepting a modprobe on any of the other PCMCIA bus drivers gives a
> > > 'device not found' error.
> > >
> > > Under 2.4, the PCMCIA bus uses the i82365 module, which works
> > > perfectly.
Under 2.6, it appears that the related driver has been
> > > moved to the yenta_socket module (It's a ToPIC100 Controller; see dmesg
> > > below).
> >
> > Have you tried disabling i82365 in kernel config?
>
> All the PCMCIA options are configured as modules, and when I modprobed
> yenta_socket, the only one already loaded was pcmcia_core. Disabling in the

kernel config won't make a difference here will it?

Anyone else have any suggestions on what I could do to start debugging this
problem? I don't like to ask again, but I figure this is too good a chance to
miss.
I'd like to get my laptop working with 2.6, sure, but more importantly a
problem like this that affects hardware I own is the perfect chance for me to
poke my head into the kernel sources and start learning. ;)

ben_h