Hard lockup with reiserfs in 2.4.22 an2.4.20

From: Eckhard Jokisch
Date: Tue Nov 18 2003 - 05:41:06 EST

Hello,
I'm not subscribed to the list - please CC me replies.

I experienced hardl lockups and instant reboots with a possibly corrupted
reiserfs. I didn't find anything like this with goolge so I post it here.

The lockup occures reproduceable when a specific user accesses a file in a 3.6
reiserfs partition. Even Magic-Sysreq seems to not work.
The instant reboot happens when I try to copy this users HOME to a different
location on a different filessystem.
I'm rather sure that the fs is damaged because I tried reiserfsck and will
have to repair with --rebuild-tree.

Please let me know if this error is already known and where to find
information about it.

If not I will keep the corrupted fs for testing and bugtracking.

Greets
Eckhard Jokisch