Re: 2.6.0-test9-mm3 and enanched IDE mode on p4c800 deluxe

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Tue Nov 18 2003 - 09:07:17 EST

Catani, Antonio wrote:
Hi list, i can non know if my request is in topic or not.
I have p4c800 deluxe from asus, and works fine with mm3 patch, but I'v
notice a little beat strange thing in bios of this mobo there is a
option for setting ide interface in enanched mode, so if I set on the
kernel start and in dmesg I see ICH-5 100% native mode but after mount
root I get many of disabled irq 169 and the system hangs so to reset
hardware.

In compatible mode the system works fine, but I see in dmesg ICH-5 not
100% native mode, will probe irq later, someone can explain me the
difference about two behavior?

Are you using Serial ATA?

Jeff