Re: Announce: ndiswrapper

From: Richard B. Johnson
Date: Tue Nov 18 2003 - 09:18:55 EST

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Jeff Garzik wrote:

> Pontus Fuchs wrote:
> > Please! I don't want to start a flamewar if this is a good thing to do.
> > I'm just trying to scratch my own itch and I doubt that this project
> > changes the way Broadcom treats Linux users.
>

> Then help us reverse engineer the driver :)
>
> Jeff

Yes! Entirely! The BIG advantage of the NDIS-6 driver is
the established interface makes it possible to readily
reverse-engineer it, i.e., find out how it works. Many
of the network drivers use the same hardware core (ne).
It's the extra stuff like the transciever interface that
the NDIS drivers will expose.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
Penguin : Linux version 2.4.22 on an i686 machine (797.90 BogoMips).