Re: Announce: ndiswrapper

From: Jan-Benedict Glaw
Date: Tue Nov 18 2003 - 09:50:04 EST

On Tue, 2003-11-18 15:14:01 +0100, Maciej Zenczykowski <maze@xxxxxxx>
wrote in message <Pine.LNX.4.44.0311181510290.29639-100000@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > Pontus Fuchs wrote:

> Speaking of io-trace has anyone actually done this? I'm working on a

It's actually not all that simple. Some CPUs do have direct inb/outb
instructions that are not syscalls. So you either have to single-step
all the program and look at it's execution path, or you'd run it as a
notmal user and handle the privilege penetration then luser starts
inb'ing:) A coworker of me has done that with a DOS driver, doing such
IO tracing for the dosemu it was running it.

Maybe he cares to explain it in detail...

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw@xxxxxxxxxx . +49-172-7608481
"Eine Freie Meinung in einem Freien Kopf | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg