Re: AW: HT enable on BIOS which doesn't supports it?

From: Michal Semler (volny.cz)
Date: Tue Nov 18 2003 - 11:08:23 EST

Hmm..so why "ht" flag is detected?

This chip is really strange. It looks like only renamed real P4/XEON,
coz through CPUFREQ I got it to work on lower frequencies:

cpufreq: P4/Xeon(TM) CPU On-Demand Clock Modulation available

processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 15
model : 2
model name : Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.40GHz
stepping : 9
cpu MHz : 299.700
cache size : 128 KB
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 2
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat
pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm
bogomips : 597.91

Can somebody tells me more? I would like start HT if it is possible

Michal