Re: AW: HT enable on BIOS which doesn't supports it?

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Tue Nov 18 2003 - 11:27:27 EST

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:07:29 +0100, "Michal Semler (volny.cz)" said:
> Hmm..so why "ht" flag is detected?
>
> This chip is really strange. It looks like only renamed real P4/XEON,
> coz through CPUFREQ I got it to work on lower frequencies:

Not really. Here's mine (Dell Latitude C840):

processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 15
model : 2
model name : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 Mobile CPU 1.60GHz
stepping : 4
cpu MHz : 1595.776
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm

Wow.. HT-enabled. However, if I build an SMP-enabled kernel, it turns out that
there's only one sibling...