Re: e-Galax USB touchscreens and 2.4

From: Jakub Bogusz
Date: Wed Nov 19 2003 - 05:02:18 EST

> Has anyone ever gotten an e-Galax USB touchscreen to work under linux 2.4?
> They do have a module on their website, however it appears to not work.
> I, unfortunately, do not know enough about the USB subsystem to debug the problems with it.

I had a terminal with eGalax touchscreen for tests some time ago and it
worked.
But for new USB core (Linux 2.4.20+) it required a patch (unpatched
driver worked on 2.4.18 but caused Oops on 2.4.20):
http://cvs.pld-linux.org/SOURCES/touchkit-2.4.20.patch

(yes, it uses old GNU-style initializers, now I would use C99-style)

--
Jakub Bogusz http://cyber.cs.net.pl/~qboosh/
PLD Linux http://www.pld-linux.org/