Missing /dev/pts?

From: Robert L. Harris
Date: Wed Nov 19 2003 - 07:57:12 EST

Had to rebuild a machine due to a dead deathstar. It's 99% there at
this point I think except I can't log in via xterm, eterm or ssh.
Poking around, the most obvious factor is that /dev/pts is empty.

I can see that /dev and /dev/pts mounted by using "df -k /dev /dev/pts"
which returns:

- 0 0 0 - /dev
devpts 0 0 0 - /dev/pts

whish is identicle to the machine I'm currently logged into and is
working fine. /dev and /dev/pts are both compiled into the kernel and
are reported by "cat /proc/filesystms". Devfsd is up and running with a
command line of "/sbin/devfsd /dev".

Anyone have any idea why this is malfunctioning?

Robert

:wq!
Robert L. Harris | GPG Key ID: E344DA3B
@ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
DISCLAIMER:
These are MY OPINIONS ALONE. I speak for no-one else.

Life is not a destination, it's a journey.
Microsoft produces 15 car pileups on the highway.
Don't stop traffic to stand and gawk at the tragedy.