Re: menuconfig Error 1

From: Matthew Reppert
Date: Wed Nov 19 2003 - 15:54:32 EST

(mec removed from CC list since I read he doesn't support menuconfig
now.)

On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 13:20, Paul Nielsen wrote:
> When trying to configure the Alsa sound options (select the "Advanced
> Linux Sound Architecture" and press <enter>,) "make menuconfig" fails
> with the message
> "Q> scripts/Menuconfig: line 832: MCmenu78: command not found", for both
> the linux-2.4.22-10mdk and linux-2.4.22-10mdk kernel sources.

This is a known recurring bug in Mandrake's kernel packaging. It's not a
core kernel issue, so this is more appropriate on a Mandrake mailing
list. A quick google search brings up a message from the cooker list
that says this was fixed in -22mdk. You should get that kernel and use
it instead; if it doesn't work, bug Mandrake, since it's their problem.
(ALSA isn't even part of 2.4 mainline.)

Matt