[ANNOUNCE] cuecat serio driver for linux 2.6.0-test9

From: Zinx Verituse
Date: Wed Nov 19 2003 - 20:46:08 EST

Well, my cuecat driver is ready for testing.

http://zinx.xmms.org/cuecat/cuecat-2.6-0.0.2.tar.gz

It does not use the same output format as the driver floating around
for 2.2.x/2.4.x kernels.

It currently requires a patch which changes the order serio drivers
are searched in (the newest driver is searched first now), and adds
a function to walk through the serio port list.

I'm hoping the patch will be included in to the kernel at some point
in time -- It's available separately at:
http://zinx.xmms.org/cuecat/linux-2.6.0-test9-serio.diff

The driver has some pitfalls, such as standing between -all- serio
devices capable of supporting a cuecat, and not just the ones with
a cuecat on them (And it has no way to specify which ports to use),
but hopefully I'll think of a good way to fix that before 0.0.3.

The major number is dynamicly allocated -- If you aren't using devfs,
check /proc/devices.
The minor number for reading all cuecats is 0, and the minor number
for individual cuecats is their [driver-assigned] index plus 1.
Recommended names are:
/dev/cuecat/cuecats
/dev/cuecat/0
/dev/cuecat/1
and so on.

Questions, comments, patches, and even some flames are welcome.

--
Zinx Verituse