Re: Re: [Oops] i386 mm/slab.c (cache_flusharray)

From: pinotj
Date: Wed Nov 19 2003 - 20:51:34 EST

>Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 17:07:53 -0800
>De: Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxx>
>A: pinotj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Copie à: linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Sujet: Re: [Oops] i386 mm/slab.c (cache_flusharray)
>
>pinotj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>
>> kernel BUG at mm/slab.c:1957!
[...]
>urgh, there are several reports of this and it's always the buffer_head
>slab. The code in there is trivial so perhaps it's just that the large
>number of buffer_heads makes them a fat target.
>
>You should have also seen the message "slab: double free detected in cache
>'buffer_head', objp 0xNNNNNNNN".

Yeah, you right, I forgot to mention it, it was just above the Oops in the logs:
---
slab: double free detected in cache 'buffer_head', objp cd09af18.
kernel BUG at mm/slab.c:1957!
---

>Don't know, sorry.

Is there any thing I can do to help figure out where does the problem comes from ? Anyway, thanks for your answer.

Regards,

Jerome Pinot