Re: Re: [Oops] i386 mm/slab.c (cache_flusharray)

From: pinotj
Date: Wed Nov 19 2003 - 21:41:12 EST

----Message d'origine----
>Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 18:09:43 -0800
>De: Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxx>
>A: pinotj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Copie à: linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Sujet: Re: [Oops] i386 mm/slab.c (cache_flusharray)
[...]
>> Is there any thing I can do to help figure out where does the problem comes from ?
>
>Well it's interesting that it is repeatable.
>First thing to do is to eliminate hardware failures:
>
>1: Is the oops always the same, or does the machine crash in other ways, with different backtraces?

Well, I can't check right know but seemed to be the same. I will keep the next 5 oops with same distro and make a diff to be sure.

>2: Try running memtest86 on that machine for 12 hours or more.

OK

>3: Can the problem be reproduced on other machines?

Unfortunately, I can't use any other computer for this (or I will lose some friends :-) If there was already some reports about this bug, it can be good to compare the hardware and/or environment with these others people.

>4: try a different compiler version.

I already tried gcc 3.2.3 and 3.3.1 (2.95.3 to be confirmed)

I will make the tests (1, 2 and confirmed 4) and give you the results tomorrow.

Just an idea: could it be an ACPI problem ?
I will try some boot parameters too, to be sure...

>Thanks.

Your welcome

Jerome Pinot