Re: [CFT] 2.6.x experimental net driver updates

From: viro
Date: Wed Nov 19 2003 - 21:55:10 EST

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 12:33:08PM -0500, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> Ok, Al Viro's net driver refcounting work is pretty much complete, and

The hell it is. We are through with legacy probes, we are through with
init_etherdev(), we are practically through with static struct net_device.

However, we still have weird allocators (I've got almost all of them
done by now, will submit in the next batch) and we still have struct
net_device embedded as a field of other structures in several drivers.

It's nowhere near as massive as legacy probes series, but it's going to
be 10--20 patches. At least.