Re: transmeta cpu code question

From: Nico Schottelius
Date: Thu Nov 20 2003 - 03:40:39 EST

Thank you all guys for your answers, it looks like it was
more obvious I would like to admit.

So to recapitulate it, the and with the 0xff 8-Bit value
with an 32Bit Value let's us cut out values, to cut within
a value 'with a pair of scissors' like this:

0x AA BB CC DD
| | | |
| 0xBB| 0xDD
0xAA 0xCC

Have a nice day, I will read on the small transmeta code...

I am still interested whether there are possibilities to
a) use the crusoe without the morphing software (to use its native
command set)
b) to fine tune Linux to my specific processor, to make it use all
available feautures the processor has.

Nico