Re: Nick's scheduler v19a

From: Markus Hästbacka
Date: Thu Nov 20 2003 - 15:47:12 EST

Hi nick! here's some feedback.
This one day last week, I thougt I could test your scheduler patch.
I noticed something really good with it. My X had really fast startup.
everything worked really fast. Even games worked much better than any in
kernel before (I've tested all from 2.5.74).

So I hope you'll port this patch for test10> if this one wont patch
clearly.

Thanks.
On Sat, 2003-11-15 at 15:11, Nick Piggin wrote:
> http://www.kerneltrap.org/~npiggin/v19a/
>
> So the previous didn't exactly improve interactivity.
>
> This one seems to be better. Major thing is microsecond timeslice
> accounting. Other small fixes related to the microsecond stuff.
> No idea what this has done to context switch and wake up performance,
> but it should be able to be improved a bit.
>
> I've made patches for Linus and Andrew's trees.
>
> -
"Software is like sex, it's better when it's free."
Markus Hästbacka <midian at ihme.org>