Re: Patrick's Test9 suspend code.

From: Shaheed
Date: Thu Nov 20 2003 - 17:33:26 EST

On Thursday 20 November 2003 19:39, Rob Landley wrote:
> When resuming from a writeable filesystem, the filesystem has to match the
> contents of suspended memory. If you've TOUCHED the filesystem since
> suspending, the resume is going to shred it, cross-link the heck out of it,
> and generally be evil. (There are open filehandles saved in there, page
> table entries to maped stuff... Just don't go there.)

Understood. But by definition, there must be at least one page of data on the
filesystem whose location we know in order to do the resume. Why can't we
simply use one extra page to store this data?

At least in my reading of suspend/main.c we create a directory of pages which
itself is stored on disk. Since we do that, can't we simply use an extra page
for this signature?