Re: Announce: ndiswrapper

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Thu Nov 20 2003 - 18:08:47 EST

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, William Lee Irwin III wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, Matt Mackall wrote:
> >> Personally, I think it's time to do some sort of trademark enforcement
> >> or something so that companies can't get away with slapping penguins
> >> on devices that only work with 2.2.14 Red Hat kernels.
>
> On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 11:13:41AM +0100, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> > Indeed. What happened to the `works[*] with Linux' labelling proposal we
> > discussed about at the last Linux Kernel Summit?
> > [*] Meaning providing a decent source under a suitable license.
>
> We may have to get Linus in on that.

Linux is a trademark. And if you don't defend it you lose it (like asprin
and kleenex). So if he doesn't like the "Linux driver" from nvidia he can
tell them to stop using the term. I'm not sure that's a good thing,
however, they are more likely to drop support than open source IMHO.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
CTO, TMR Associates, Inc