Re: HT enable on BIOS which doesn't supports it?

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Thu Nov 20 2003 - 18:33:49 EST

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Michal Semler (volny.cz) wrote:

> Hi, in my laptop Acer TravelMate242 I have HT enabled CPU,
>
> but when I try start up with SMP or LocalAPIC kernel enabled, kernel freezes
> during boot time.
>
> Is there any possibility to run HT enabled CPU on my laptop without BIOS
> support?

You have HT, but only one sibling. You have the ability to share resources
and no other sibling with whom to share them.

Think of it as a bicycle built for two with only one rider. You can pedal
from either seat but it won't go any faster.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
CTO, TMR Associates, Inc