Re: Nick's scheduler v19a

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Fri Nov 21 2003 - 01:21:59 EST

Markus Hästbacka wrote:

Hi nick.
it seems that this patch changed everything, I patched against
2.6.0-test9-bk19. I didn't upgrade any software before I booted to your
patch. and I tested the 2.6.0-test9-bk22 without the patch it worked
just as all other kernels without the patch. I've had the same .config
from test3 (maybe some small changes if new drivers appeared).

I can't say that 2.6 performance is bad, it's better than 2.4, but now
this is even better.

So now I'm booted back to your patch and I like this difference in X
performance, I can't ask for more. :)

Well that's very good to hear :) err, just remember if you have
any specific problems with unpatched 2.6 to make a report. We
want the standard scheduler to run well too.

Thanks,
Nick

Regards,

Markus