Re: 2.4.0-test9 and HDD LED

From: Russell King
Date: Fri Nov 21 2003 - 03:21:16 EST

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 01:27:00PM +1100, Russell Coker wrote:
> When running 2.4.0-test9 on my Thinkpad T20 the HDD LED usually stays on all
> the time. It seems random, some boots the LED will operate normally, but
> most boots the LED will go on continually.

Is the HDD led separate from the floppy LED? On my thinkpad, they're
one of the same.

If yes, I'd guess that you've built a kernel without floppy support
built in. The kernel used to turn the floppy motor off itself even
without floppy support, but this has been removed. IIRC it is now
the responsibility of the boot loader to do this.

--
Russell King
maintainer of: 2.6 PCMCIA - http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/