Re: O_DIRECT leaks memory on linux-2.6.0-test9

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Fri Nov 21 2003 - 03:25:50 EST

On Friday 21 November 2003 02:55, Andrew Morton wrote:
>IWAMOTO Toshihiro <iwamoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> It'll take a while to leak a noticable amount of memory. So I
>> reduced the amount of memory using a boot option.
>
>Well I'll be darned. I took a new version of fsstress and it
> happens here too. We're leaking anonymous memory. -mm doesn't do
> any better, either.

Running 2.6.0-test9-mm4, default as scheduler

That triggerd me to go look at ksysguard, and I've got 70 megs out in
swap in less than 24 hours uptime with my normal loading. Usually it
takes me a couple of weeks to get that much as I've half a gig of
main memory. Its also showing about 95 megs free. Would this leak
show up there (ksysguard), and if so, in what section?

T'would be nice if xosview were to be made operable, but this kernel
breaks it. I used to keep it running in the corner of one of my
screens.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M