Re: Announce: ndiswrapper

From: Jamie Lokier
Date: Fri Nov 21 2003 - 04:03:15 EST

Jean Tourrilhes wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 04:53:12PM -0700, Mudama, Eric wrote:
> >
> > I think the point being made is "Why spend an extra $150 on a PCMCIA wifi
> > card when there's an integrated wifi device already in the laptop that
> My point is : why buy this laptop if it's not 100%
> supported ? They are plenty of other laptops...

Sometimes people don't buy new laptops, they get given them or buy a
cheap one second hand. Such people can't afford a wireless card, or
to choose hardware, so it's nice if they can use what they have.

Why, only a couple of weeks ago I installed Debian on a Pentium 233
which someone was delighted to be given. Old computers are cheap, but
some people can't afford $50 let alone $150.

-- Jamie