Re: Smartmedia 2.6.0-test9 problem.

From: Parick Beard
Date: Fri Nov 21 2003 - 06:09:17 EST

>> 64mb card in the reader, yet if I plug my camera in I can mount it there.
>> The 16mb card however mounts no problem in the reader.
>
> I forgot what kind of reader and what kind of cards you used.
> This evening I fixed some problems with sddr09.c on SmartMedia cards
> larger than 16 MB.
>
> (patch on request, or on linux-usb)

Thanks for getting back to me on this.
My cards are Olympus branded smartmedia cards (16mb & 64mb). The reader is
a Belkin usb reader (part # F5U141xMSD.

I have made a bit of progress. I've not changed my Linux install. Instead
today I bought myself a cheap 8 in 1 usb reader made by Typhoon. This
reads both cards just fine.
As the Belkin worked fine until I installed 2.6.0-test9 I would be
interested in applying your patch to see if it gets the Belkin working
again. Could you email me it please.

--
Patrick