2.6.0-test9-mm4 ans ALSA

From: Tim Kelsey
Date: Fri Nov 21 2003 - 10:59:40 EST

HI all,

Im haveing a problem with ALSA, my sound card is an Analoge Devices AD1981B my lsmod follows:

snd_pcm_oss 48772 0
snd_mixer_oss 17280 1 snd_pcm_oss
nvidia 1701356 12
aes 31552 1
snd_via82xx 21760 4
snd_pcm 88000 3 snd_pcm_oss,snd_via82xx
snd_ac97_codec 52228 1 snd_via82xx
snd_page_alloc 9220 2 snd_via82xx,snd_pcm
snd_mpu401_uart 6016 1 snd_via82xx
snd_rawmidi 20928 1 snd_mpu401_uart

with mm4 the aplay program exits with a seg fault and the xmms alsa 0.9 output plugin hangs, also any ps -aux or kill/killall commands hang with no output and dont answer a ctrl+c after trying to play somthing via xmms alsa output

in 2.6.0-test9 vanilla all the alsa stuff works fine and i think in 2.6.0-t9-mm3 (ill confirm if it does) but in 2.6.0-t9-mm4 it seems to be broken at least for my card. OSS emulation works fine tho with 2.6.0-t9-mm4

if any more information would be helpfull to any one please let me know whats needed.

Thanx

TK