Re: Announce: ndiswrapper

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Fri Nov 21 2003 - 12:32:02 EST

Jean Tourrilhes wrote:
On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 01:05:34PM +0100, Vojtech Pavlik wrote:

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 07:34:22PM -0800, Jean Tourrilhes wrote:

Excuse me ? Have you looked at the Howto lately ? There is
only Broadcom and Intel which are not supported, which leaves plenty
of choice (including many 802.11g and 802.11a cards).

And Realtek (I own one such card) and ADMtek (I bought one by accident
in Canada) and Atheros and ... basically anything CardBus doesn't work.

Wrong. There are wireless drivers for RealTek, ADMtek and
Atheros.
I may repeat myself like a parrot, but "Have you looked at the
Howto lately ?". I think you exactly prove my point ;-)

Last I checked, none of these were 100% open source. I am certain this is true for Atheros, but IIRC it's also the case for the other two?

Anyway, WRT RealTek, they gave me (and others) docs. If I can locate a card, I'll do a driver (or merge an existing one, if any). RealTek's been pretty supportive of open source in the past, what with 8139too/8139cp/r8169 stuff.

Jeff