Re: [BKPATCH] ACPI for 2.4

From: Willy Tarreau
Date: Fri Nov 21 2003 - 12:51:01 EST

Hi Len,

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 06:16:03AM -0500, Len Brown wrote:
> Hi Marcelo, please do a
>
> bk pull http://linux-acpi.bkbits.net/linux-acpi-release-2.4.23

This version, as well as the original 2.4.23-rc2 code cannot reboot my
VAIO. I don't know yet when the problem got in, since I've been using
a 2.4.21 base + acpi-20030424-2.4.21-rc1.diff for a long time without
this problem, and don't know if this was the case with intermediate
versions since it's not something that I immediately notice.

I will try to identify which pre-release brought this problem.

Basically, when I reboot, the screen goes black, and I hear the
speakers shut down exactly as when it will reboot. But nothing
appears on the screen anymore. I must say that I also had this
behaviour with the above version only when I used LOCAL_APIC.
But I tried both with and without, without success. I clearly
suspect my BIOS since it's a real crap, but since it once worked,
I'll search a bit.

Other than that, power down works pretty well (this has always
been a problem on this crap too), and the rest of the kernel is
really fine and stable.

Regards,
Willy