2.6.0-test9 USB: ehci_hcd / usb-storage I/O error

From: Kleiner Hampel
Date: Sat Nov 22 2003 - 06:58:57 EST

Hello,

my usb-storage doesn't work with linux.

What i have:

Kernel 2.6.0-test9
USB 2.0 mobile disk

The problem:

trying to access this device after loading usb modules, dmesg shows the
following:

USB Mass Storage support registered.
sda: assuming drive cache: write through
sda: sda1
Attached scsi disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
scsi: Device offlined - not ready after error recovery: host 0 channel 0
id 0 lun 0
SCSI error : <0 0 0 0> return code = 0x6070000
end_request: I/O error, dev sda, sector 128
Buffer I/O error on device sda, logical block 16
Buffer I/O error on device sda, logical block 17
Buffer I/O error on device sda, logical block 18
Buffer I/O error on device sda, logical block 19
Buffer I/O error on device sda, logical block 20
Buffer I/O error on device sda, logical block 21
Buffer I/O error on device sda, logical block 22

The hardware *works* correctly, i tried in with win2k and this works
without problems.

I have another usb storage and this works correctly with kernel
2.6.0-test9!

Any ideas?
I have found this problem often in different mailing lists, but with no
solution.
Perhaps it is a bug.

regards,
hampel