Re: 2.6.0-test9-mm4: page allocation failure. order 3, mode 0x20

From: Jurriaan
Date: Sun Nov 23 2003 - 03:24:11 EST

From: Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 10:26:16PM -0800
> Jurriaan <thunder7@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > After several runs of cdda2wav I get this message:
> >
> > Nov 21 07:03:34 middle kernel: cdda2wav: page allocation failure. order:3, mode:0x20
> > Nov 21 07:03:34 middle last message repeated 36 times

> > I ran cdda2wav a lot more under 2.9.0-test9-mm3 and didn't see this
> > message.
>
> Are you sure you were running -mm4 and not Linus's kernel? -mm has a tweak
> for this, and it was present in -mm4.

I was running -mm4, sure.

> It would help to add this patch; maybe the allocation is coming from
> somewhere else.

Unfortunately, I've been unable to reproduce it, even when running the
same programs as I remembered running at that time.

Jurriaan
--
> What does ELF stand for (in respect to Linux?)
ELF is the first rock group that Ronnie James Dio performed with back in
the early 1970's. In constrast, a.out is a misspelling of the French word
for the month of August. What the two have in common is beyond me, but
Linux users seem to use the two words together.
seen on c.o.l.misc
Debian (Unstable) GNU/Linux 2.6.0-test9-mm4 4259 bogomips 0.59 0.36