Re: DRI and AGP on 2.6.0-test9

From: Aubin LaBrosse
Date: Sun Nov 23 2003 - 13:56:59 EST

On Sun, 2003-11-23 at 13:15, Zwane Mwaikambo wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Nov 2003, Aubin LaBrosse wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm having a problem with 2.6.0-test9 and DRI. dmesg tells me:
> >
> > [drm] Initialized radeon 1.9.0 20020828 on minor 0
> > [drm:radeon_cp_init] *ERROR* radeon_cp_init called without lock held
> > [drm:radeon_unlock] *ERROR* Process 4113 using kernel context 0
>
> For my curiosity, can you try compiling the Radeom/drm and AGP driver into
> the kernel?

I have done it both ways with the same results, sorry, should have
mentioned that...

> > anyway, some more information:
> >
> > this is a 2-cpu machine, AMD MP2000+'s on a Tyan Tiger MPX board
> > (AMD-760MPX chipset ) 4xAGP, Radeon AIW (the original one, so i suspect
> > 7200. certainly r200, which afaik requires no proprietary drivers at all
> > for dri to work. Perhaps it is an smp issue? anyway, here's my kernel
> > config:
>
> I just tried test9-mm5 with a radeon 9000 on an smp machine with the
> desired results.

I will give -mm5 a shot (this was with stock 2.6.0-test9, i haven't
gotten into applying the -bk patches as soon as they hit, yet) Though
I'm not sure -mm5 has any patches specific to DRI or agp, but it's
definitely worth a shot. thanks Zwane.

-Aubin