Re: modular IDE in 2.4.23

From: Alan Cox
Date: Sun Nov 23 2003 - 16:51:37 EST

> > Its not my fault the 2.6 code is lagging badly, and I wrote the code
>
> 2.6 is not "lagging badly", this is a false statement.

Ok.

> > doesn't really matter and won't for another 6 months, but 2.4 matters right
> > now.
>
> I assume you will fix it 6 months from now in 2.6, right? :-)

If it hasn't already been ported over I suspect I will get considerable
demand to fix that, and yes I intend to do so if nobody else has - although
I'm not sure I'm going to go back to kernel stuff paticularly after the
course. I've been having way too much fun with stuff like X drivers and its
time for something different.

Alan