Re: [OT] Re: Linux 2.6.0-test10

From: Hacksaw
Date: Mon Nov 24 2003 - 04:14:36 EST

> Sorry for being paranoid, but is this message really from the
> real Linus? I have never seen Linus' e-mail with long lines
> folded with '=' at the end of line, nor with charset ISO-8859-1.

You don't think a message announcing the test10 release combined with that
release actually showing up on kernel.org is a good indicator that it really
is Linus? The release is there.

If I was going to spoof Linus's address, I'd try and say something more clever
than "here's another release, I may hand things off to Andrew soon, and I'm
thinking of naming it after another oddly modified small furry mammal."

If it was spoofed, this person may have saved Linus some valuable time with
his family. :-)
--
In popular culture, the musician calls on the highest part in all of us.
In mass culture, the musician addresses the lower parts of what we are.